Second Update on Hacienda Vieja Project
No changes were offered by the developer at the 25 August meeting of the Planning Commission. After another two hour session, the Commission reiterated the ideas expressed at the last meeting and gave additional, and even more specific, direction for changes they feel are necessary. These included redesigning at least two houses from two story to one story, and reducing the size bulk and scale of all four structures. The project and will be heard again by the Commission on the 6th of October.
To reiterate our position …MMPC believes that in order to protect both the environment, as well as the esthetic qualities of More Mesa:
- No additional two-story structures abutting More Mesa should be permitted
- The size of one story houses should be consistent with other developments in the neighborhood, and certainly no larger than Las Brisas (3610 square feet maximum).
For additional information on the current status of the Hacienda Vieja project, or suggestions about how you can help minimize impact on More Mesa, contact us via the Contact Page.
Many of us are acutely aware of how very important More Mesa is to our community. However, in order to send the most powerful messages about how much we care, we need statistics, based on actual data. The usage study being launched this month will accomplish this end.
There will be at least three ways to be part of the survey:
- Complete forms provided by volunteers periodically stationed at the Mockingbird entrance to More Mesa
- Complete and mail in forms to be provided in our next mailing (within 2-3 months).
- [The easiest way … complete the form online by clicking here and send it electronically].
Thanks for taking the time to complete this very important survey!