An update from the Board …
In October of last year, MMPC reported the formation of a committee tasked with the creation of an updated community plan for the unincorporated portion of the Second Supervisorial District (please see this page, October 2008) At that time we urged all our supporters, as well as other members of the community, to offer comments to the committee on topics such as open space, wetlands, vernal pools, habitats, creeks, watersheds, environmental protection, parks, trails and visual and aesthetic resources. Now the committee is getting ready to provide direction on what the updated community plan should look like. Toward that end, the committee has made available two structured ways in which you may express your opinions:
- Survey: Take the Goleta Valley Community Survey on line here. This comprehensive survey needs to be submitted by June 19th, and is very important, since it will help frame the discussions at the Goleta Valley Planning Advisory Committee (GVPAC) Workshop described below.
- Workshop: Come share your views with the GVPAC at the upcoming Community Workshop … to be held on July 11th at the Vieja Valley School.
For more information on either of these topics, visit this page. Or call, 805-568-3380. This is your chance to get your opinions heard and included in our long range plan. For example:
- What do you cherish about the Eastern Goleta Valley?
- What do you want to see change?
- What does the community need?
Voice your opinions by completing the survey, and/or attending the workshop. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you on July 11th! Valerie Olson More Mesa Preservation Coalition Chair, Goleta Valley Planning Advisory Committee (GVPAC)
A Western Screech-Owl was heard on the Vieja Drive side of More Mesa on June 2nd. To hear a recording of this owl, click on the start button below.